Saturday, August 13, 2011

Is a victim of ual abuse allowed to adopt?

I am a victim of ual abuse by my ex-stepbrothers by my fathers ex-marriage. I have been raised by my grandparents who were kind and generous and had little to no drama in my house except when I was older and my grandmother died of cancer. My grandfather continues to care for me to this day and I see him as my father. I love my mother but she just didn't want to be a mother and I never blamed her for that because I loved being with my grandparents. My father was abusive to my sister and my mom before I was born but he got treated b/c he was a drug addict and alcoholic but I never knew him until I was 7 when he reappeared in my life until I was 10. When I was about 8 my step brothers swarmed me and abused me while my sister watched and provoked them, and convinced me to allow them to abuse me for several months afterwards. My grandparents figured out my sister was a bad person and made her leave our home soon afterwards and I hardly speak to her. Finally I begged to not have to see my father again and I was granted that and we hardly speak. I couldn't bear to break my grandfathers heart telling him what happened, but I have received help from friends, professionals and my husband. I honestly don't even know if my father is my real father or if my sister is my half sister and have never cared to find out because I had my home with my grandparents and I didn't even know I had a "mom" and "dad" until I was 7. I always wanted to give a child the opportunity I was given by my grandparents and adopt but lately I've been told that if you were abused you become an abuser? I hated what happened to me and would want to do whatever it could to make sure no child in my life ever has to feel that pain. I collect books, watch parental tip shows and have been making lists of things I want to do for my children an everything for years now, and I feel heartbroken that the second most painful thing that ever happened to me(being abused and betrayed by my sister) might contribute to the most painful thing that ever happened to me-not being able to raise a family. Will I actually be prevented from adopting or have my biological children taken away even if it's obvious I've done nothing wrong because I am a victim?

No comments:

Post a Comment