Sunday, August 7, 2011

Speeding Ticket, in Texas?

I received a speeding ticket for going 14 over (back in March). I pleaded non contendere and checked the box to take defensive driving to get it removed from my record. Well, I never received the guidelines letter (I know this is no excuse as it says on one of my brother's old ones, "THERE WILL BE NO EXTENSIONS! Failure to meet these requirements will result in the fine becoming immediately payable and you will be required to appear at a show cause hearing. Failure to dispose of this matter will result in a warrant being issued for your arrest."), so I never took the cl and have since received a summoning for a show cause hearing. What I was wondering was does anyone know exactly what is going to happen? I mean, it states that I have a balance of $110.00 due, which I'm going to have to pay, but what else? Will my insurance go up because of this? (I was 18 when I received the ticket, now 19, and am under my parent's insurance policy)

No comments:

Post a Comment