Friday, August 12, 2011

What does my infant want??!!?

I am sick and tired of staying up with my newborn at all hours of the night. I understand that that comes with being a parent, but I thought that infants slept a lot. Mine certainly doesn't. We keep him up most of the day so he's tired at night, we change him, rock him, feed him, walk around with him, whatever we can think of but it doesn't do any bit of good. Its like he doesn't know what he wants. He wants his bottle for about 5 min then spits that out, then pacifier, then bottle, then neither, the wants to be put down, then held, rocked, walked around, bottle, etc. All in the course of 20 min. Its driving me insane. And then when he does fall asleep it lasts for about 2 min then he's wide awake. I don't get it. I'm always checking his temp and making sure he's comfortable. please help. I need to get some sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment