Thursday, August 11, 2011

Why the hypocrisy when it comes to men/women in relationships?

Because societally we still are still taught to believe that women do not enjoy as much as men and therefore if they are promiscuous they are frowned upon for being different to what women are 'supposed' to be like. Basically its because we live in a male dominated society where men feel threatened if a woman starts behaving in a way seen to be 'masculine'. I'm a guy though and I don't see it as a threat or bad if a woman is promiscuous in fact I think its good as they are usually more ually active, nor do I think it's a threat to my masculinity if women behave in the way I do as a male, because people are people and a / shouldn't determine WHO you are only WHAT you are. In other words I don't feel insecure about my masculinity being threatened. The same goes for women dating younger guys, it shows they have power as they are able to get men younger than they are in the same way older men can get women younger than them.

No comments:

Post a Comment