Tuesday, August 9, 2011

How do i get my mom to let me shave my legs?

i'm 13, and ALL of my friends shave their legs, so naturally, i feel embarred when they ask me about it. my dad is totally fine with me shaving, its just my mom who isn't. my mom is from slovakia, and when she was growing up, slovakia was under communist rule, and there were frequent shortages. so she never grew up with the luxury of being able to shave, etc. she also stubbornly believes that it is an unneeded necessity that just tries to undermine the female figure as a beauty icon. how do i convince my stubborn mother to let me shave? is there anyone out there who has gone through sort of the same thing? please help, i don't want to go through my whole teenage career making up excuses why i don't shave!

No comments:

Post a Comment